Sunday, July 12, 2009

Music in the family


It's been great fun to draw these instruments in all their beauty. I've had music in my life forever; my dad was a drummer, my mom played recorder, my grandmother was a classical vocalist and pianist. I used to write songs, sing, and play piano, guitar and banjo. My son Ken started playing piano and guitar at a very early age, and when he was young, we were in bands together - it was so much fun. Now it's a total kick to watch what he's doing and learn how the music world works. I also love today's technology. People attend concerts - especially ones by him and Paul Dateh, and immediately post videos of the performance on YouTube. A couple times we've been up in Seattle watching a performance somewhere else in real time. This video is from a recent gig he and Paul did at UC Riverside. We were at this concert and this video was posted by someone in the audience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qSchU0rMx4.

More links can be found at http://www.kenbelcher.com/ . Happy listening!


1 comment: